Episcopal Church Women (ECW) provides support and fellowship opportunities within our parish as well as hosts annual and biennial events and fundraisers.
Christ Church ECW is comprised of vibrant women of many talents, and there are many opportunities to become involved.
All women are automatically members and are encouraged to participate!
ECW hosts a number of yearly and biennial events including:
- Newcomer’s Welcome Luncheon
- Greenery Sale
- Advent Wreath event
- Art Sale
- Daughters of Christ Church
- Raising Spirits
In addition to events, ECW has groups that meet and serve throughout the year.
- The Kitchen Guild prepares the fabulous food that is served at all church events, including the seemingly endless supply of casseroles and Brunswick stew.
- The Funeral Guild coordinates the volunteers for all funeral receptions at Christ Church.
- Pastoral Care sends welcome cards and books to all newborns, as well as delivers casseroles and stews to those in times of illness or other difficulty.
- The Children’s Library committee maintains the library for the use of Christ Church parishioners.
- The College and Boarding School Ministry promotes fellowship and provides opportunities for communication between Christ Church and young persons in colleges and boarding schools.
ECW is also responsible for coordinating and collecting the United Thank Offering (UTO) twice a year. The mission of the UTO is to promote thank offerings, to receive the offerings, and to distribute the monies to support mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
How You Can Get Involved
General meetings and events take place throughout the year. View upcoming events.
Your financial support makes our parish events possible. To donate, click here or send a check to Christ Church ECW, 120 East Edenton Street, Raleigh, 27601. Thank you in advance for your support!
Whether it’s helping with an event, hosting a meeting, or joining a committee, there is a place for you. Please email ECWPresident@ccral.org if you are interested in getting involved. Volunteers are the heart of the ECW, and our guilds, events and fundraisers are successful because of the many talented women with a heart to serve.
Join a Chapter
There are currently four active chapters, which function as small communities of fellowship, study, and Christian service. The chapters meet at different times and days in order to respond to the varying needs of our community. Find a chapter whose meeting schedule best accommodates your schedule. View ECW Chapters.