Welcome to JOY Ministries at Christ Church! JOY (Just Older Youth) Ministries are specifically designed to serve parishioners who are 60 and older. Our mission is to create a community in which the seasons and transitions of life are honored and shared so that no one walks alone at Christ Church. To learn more, please contact the church office: 919-834-6259.
The church sends birthday and anniversary cards to parishioners who are 65 and older.
Lunch & Learn
A variety of programs, both secular and religious, are offered for fellowship and learning.
By request, the church will send you a hardcopy version of its monthly newsletter by mail. Contact the church office: 919-834-6259.
Parishioners deliver casseroles and stews to those in times of need or illness.
Health & Wellness
The North Carolina Council of Churches has provided these resources from the state’s Department of Health & Human Services to provide Covid-19 vaccine information and updates.
A Good and Holy End
- Conversations around the end of life – video resource.
- Distribution of ashes in the Memorial Garden: to request that ashes be interred in the Christ Church Memorial Garden, please contact our Pastoral Care Coordinator.
- Finishing Well
- Use this link to access the Finishing Well booklet, which provides a guide for making practical plans for the end of life.
Trained parishioners visit at least once per month and develop one-on-one relationships with those who are homebound or who express a desire for a new friendship.
Small groups are formed once a year (or more) to gather with a trained facilitator to process, learn, share and mend from the experience of bereavement.
To learn about Christ Church’s different prayer lists, please read this letter from The Rev. Jennifer C. Brown.
- Sunday list: For parishioners and their relatives who wish to have their names read in Sunday services.
- Daily list: To be added to the daily prayer list for clergy and Daughters of the King.
Parishioners knit and crochet shawls which represent the love of God and the Church, and they are blessed by the clergy and delivered to those in need of comfort.
Trained parishioners provide weekly one-on-one spiritual companionship for those experiencing a crisis, loss, or life transition.
Parishioners contact those experiencing joys and sorrows and pass along the love and support of Christ Church.
Use the following link to access “Older Adult Resources” from Virginia Theological Seminary:
Use the following link to access information about Christ Church programs including Women’s Fellowship Events, Men’s Fellowship Events, Foyers, All Parish Weekend programs and Episcopal Church Women (ECW):