As our children grow up, life only begins to move faster. In the midst of school and activities, we can often miss the experience of faith development and a deeper understanding of relationship in the family. The hope is to allow a space where parents can stop and reflect on how we can help our children develop through communication and connection with their family and faith. Classes are offered periodically with a different guest speaker, target age group, and focus or theme. Stay tuned for our next Pit Stop!
- Radiant Birth: Advent Readings for a Bright Season, edited by Leslie Fields – This is an excellent book of daily readings composed by some of the strongest theologians are also very accessible in their teaching.
- Kate Bowler’s Guide to Advent – This free, print at home guide offers a daily reading and some reflection questions.
- First Light and Eventide: A Daily Gratitude Journal by Tsh Oxenreider
- Karyn Henly’s musical Nativity Story available on Spotify
- Having “The Talk” about Santa
Advent Resources for Parents to use with Kids:
- Nativity Puzzle
- Advent Blocks
- Wooden Advent Wreath for kids
- Nativity By Cynthia Rylant
- Sounding Joy by Ellie Holcomb
- Silent Night (The Christmas Choir)
- Kindness Advent Calendar
- Star from Afar
Contact Liz Howes, Director of Parish Programs email@example.com with questions and check out recordings below: