We are delighted that you are thinking about joining us for worship, and we want to make sure your time with us is fruitful. As a parish we are committed to welcoming all who enter our doors, especially you!
There are a few things we think it would be helpful for you to know as you plan your visit.
8 a.m. - Holy Eucharist (Rite I) - Held in the Chapel
9 a.m. - Holy Eucharist (Rite II, with Chidren's Homily) - Held in the Church
11 a.m. - Holy Eucharist (Rite I) - Held in the Church
5 p.m. - Celtic Eucharist/Choral Evensong - Held in the Church
(On the first Sunday of each month, Choral Evensong is sung in place of Celtic Eucharist.)
The very most important thing for you to know...
You are welcome here!
We know that each visitor to our church has walked a different path that has led to the doors of Christ Church. We're here to invite you in and walk the next steps with you. If there are any questions you'd like to ask before you make your visit, we invite you to contact The Rev. Callie Swanlund, our Associate Rector for Community Life and Worship, or Cooper Bratton, our Parish Life Coordinator. They'll be happy to answer your questions, or find the person who can.
We hope to see you on Sunday!
Other Information You May Find Helpful
To the parents of our youngest visitors, may we suggest...
Relax! God put the wiggle in children! All are welcome to our join us for worship. Here are some helpful ideas to engage your little ones during worship:
- Quietly explain the parts of the service and actions of the priests, altar servers, choir, etc.
- Sing the hymns, pray and voice the responses. Children learn liturgical behavior by copying you.
- If you have to leave the service with your child, feel free to do so, but please come back. As Jesus said, “Let the children come to me.”
- Remember that the way we welcome children in church directly affects the way they respond to the Church, to God and to one another. Let them know that they are at home in this house of worship.
- Canvas bags with coloring pages and activities are available at the back of the church. Red sensory bags are also offered for any worshipers who might have sensory sensitivities (fidgets, weighted lap animals, and noise canceling headphones). Ask an usher or a greeter for one.
The nursery is available year-round during morning worship.
Available for kids from birth - age four, the nursery is located on the first floor of the Baker Wing. More information about our nursery program is available on the Children's Ministry page.
Our Children's Ministry (Birth - Grade 5) Director is Sloane Brooks, and our Youth Ministry (Grades 6 - 12) Director is Liz Stroff. They're happy to answer any specific questions you have about our Children's and Youth programs.
Christ Church Connect
All newcomers are invited to Christ Church Connect. This newcomers’ workshop is a wonderful introduction to Christ Church, our ministries, and the many ways in which you can have your spirit fed and feed others in this community. We hope you will join us to learn about Christ Church, our offerings and the many ways to get involved. You will meet the members of our clergy, as well as some of our staff and other parishioners. This workshop is held two to three times a year on Sunday from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Childcare and lunch are provided. If you have questions or wish to sign up, please contact Cooper Bratton, Parish Life Coordinator.
If you would like information about transferring your membership to Christ Church from another church, please contact Sarah Johnson, Worship and Pastoral Care Coordinator.
Click here to learn more about the confirmation process, and to view upcoming confirmation classes.
We're a diverse group, and that's true even in what you see folks wearing on Sundays. On any given Sunday, you'll see everything from polos and chinos to suits for men, and blouses and pants or skirts and dresses for women. You're always welcome to dress as you feel most comfortable.