Episcopal Church Women (ECW) provides support and fellowship opportunities within our parish and hosts annual and biennial events and fundraisers.
All women are automatically members of ECW and are encouraged to participate!
Christ Church ECW is comprised of vibrant women of many talents, and there are many opportunities to become involved.
ECW’s annual and biennial events include:
- Newcomer’s Welcome Luncheon
- Greenery Sale
- Advent Wreath event
- Art Sale
- Daughters of Christ Church
ECW’s Service Groups & Guilds
- Kitchen Guild – prepares the fabulous food that is served at all church events, including the supply of casseroles and Brunswick stew (used primarily for Pastoral Care)
- Funeral Guild – coordinates the volunteers for all funeral receptions at Christ Church
- ECW Pastoral Care Committee – sends welcome cards and books to all newborns and delivers casseroles and stews to those in times of illness or need
- Children’s Library Committee – maintains the library for the use of Christ Church parishioners
- College and Boarding School Ministry – promotes fellowship and provides opportunities for communication between Christ Church and young persons in colleges and boarding schools.
United Thank Offering (UTO)
ECW coordinates and collects the United Thank Offering (UTO) twice each year. The mission of UTO is to promote thank offerings, to receive the offerings and to distribute the monies to support mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
How You Can Get Involved
- Attend general monthly meetings and events that take place throughout the year. These meetings and events will be published on our calendar, and in our regular communications.
- Donate; your financial support makes our parish events possible. Donate online here, or send a check to Christ Church ECW – 120 E. Edenton Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Volunteer; whether it’s helping with an event, hosting a meeting, or joining a committee, there is a place for you! Please email Bess Pitt if you’d like to learn more about getting involved. Volunteers are the heart of ECW and our guilds. Our events and fundraisers are successful because of the many talented women with a heart to serve.