30 Minutes on Faith (10:20 to 10:50 a.m.)
Sunday School officially began Sunday, Oct. 3. If you have a child in the 3-year-old class (children who were three before Aug. 31) to fifth grade, please register for Children’s Sunday school here.
In order to keep everyone safe, here is what you can expect on Sunday mornings:
- Parents should accompany their children to Sunday School, where they will sign in with contact information.
- Masks are required, and students will be distanced at least three feet.
Windows will be opened in Sunday School classrooms and air purifiers will be used in each classroom.
Sunday School class locations:
- Nursery – First Floor Baker Wing
- 3’s and 4’s – Room 109, First Floor Baker Wing
- Kindergarten – Room 207, Second Floor Baker Wing
- 1st and 2nd – Harrison’s Room, Room 017, Located at the end of the hallway on the Basement level of the Baker Wing.
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade – All Saints’ Room, Room 128, across from reception desk by the entrance from our parking lot on Blount and Edenton Street.
Communion Curriculum: We are happy to announce that first and second grade Sunday School classes began Holy Communion Curriculum on Oct. 3. The children will participate in special lessons about the Eucharist, and learn more about Christ Church, with special lessons, speakers and field trips. Two Holy Communion Celebrations – special services to mark the end of this curriculum – are scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 20 and Sunday, Nov. 21 at 11 a.m. First and second grade families can register for the service of their choice here:
*Classes, and a celebration for third graders who did not finish their Communion Curriculum in the past, will be scheduled in the new year.
God’s Girls: Fourth and fifth grade Girls’ Bible Study resumed in October, and will be held each Monday afternoon from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. at Christ Church. Anna Smith and Sloane Brooks will be the leaders of this special group. Please email Sloane at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
Christmas Pageant Casting for Fourth & Fifth Grade: On Sunday, Oct. 17, during the Sunday School hour, we will be casting the lead roles of the 2021 Christ Church Christmas Pageant in the fourth and fifth grade class. If your child is not able to be here but would like a role, please contact Sloane Brooks – firstname.lastname@example.org. More information will be sent to parents before this time. All are welcome and encouraged to be part of this special event. Pageant practice will be held on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m. beginning Sunday, Oct. 24. The Christmas Pageant is scheduled for Sunday, Dec.19 at 5 p.m.