If you have a child in the 3-year-old class (children who were three before Aug. 31, 2021) to fifth grade, please register for Children’s Sunday school here.
In order to keep everyone safe, here is what you can expect on Sunday mornings:
- Parents should accompany their children to Sunday School, where they will sign in with contact information.
- Masks are required, and students will be distanced at least three feet.
Windows will be opened in Sunday School classrooms and air purifiers will be used in each classroom.
Sunday School class locations:
- Nursery – First Floor Baker Wing
- 3’s and 4’s – Room 109, First Floor Baker Wing
- Kindergarten – Room 207, Second Floor Baker Wing
- 1st and 2nd – Harrison’s Room, Room 017, Located at the end of the hallway on the Basement level of the Baker Wing.
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade – All Saints’ Room, Room 128, across from reception desk by the entrance from our parking lot on Blount and Edenton Street.
Three and 4-year-old classrooms are working from lessons written by Pam Dameron, and updated by Emily Jenkins. Our youngest students learn about the Old and New Testaments through playtime, storytelling, art, music and prayer. The goal of our preschool curriculum is to help the child perceive church as a pleasant and secure place, to understand the immeasurable greatness of Go’d love from His people, and to see himself as a child of God and the apple of His eye.
Kindergarten classrooms will enjoy Godly Play lessons from a team of talented teachers. Godly Play is a method of telling the stories of our Christian heritage using carefully chosen words and lesson pieces which capture the imagination of the children. The children have the opportunity to respond to the stories through wondering questions and artwork.
The older children will enjoy two different curricula for the year:
1st and 2nd grade classrooms will begin a Communion curriculum this fall, with field trips and guest speakers to inform and engage them in a deeper understanding about the Eucharist and our church. This 7-week series will culminate in a Holy Communion Celebration with Children & Families.
3rd through 5th grade will combine classes for the fall and enjoy a speaker series. Each week, the class will learn from a different speaker on a topic close to their heart. Speakers include members of our clergy and others. Once the new year comes, the grades will work from Hearts Alive, a lectionary-based Gospel-centered curriculum targeted to this age group.