Christ Church is a place for all to feel connected and at home. Come, be together, connect and enjoy the fellowship and fun we enjoy together as a Christ Church family.
Our 2022 Stewardship Campaign – HOME – is off to a wonderful start! Thank you to all who have pledged in support of Christ Church and its ministries. We ask that you please consider what Christ Church means to you and your family and that you keep our parish in mind as a philanthropic priority. In order to plan for next year’s budget and continue to bring you all our ministries and programs, we are asking you to help support Christ Church by making a pledge for 2022. In order to fund all of our budget priorities for the coming year, please consider increasing your pledge for 2022 by 4 percent from the 2021 campaign. All pledges received by All Saints’ Sunday (Nov. 7) will be brought forward to be blessed on the altar. You can click here to make your pledge online, return your pledge card by mail or place it in the offering plate on Sunday morning.
All women are invited to the Women’s Retreat, Feb. 4-6 at The Carolina Hotel in Pinehurst, where we will enjoy fellowship with one another as well as the women of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church. This year’s program will be lead by Kathy Izard, author of The Last Ordinary Hour & The Hundred Story Home. Learn more and register via this link.
Christ Church yoga ministry has resumed virtually on Mondays from 5:15-6:15 p.m. Reach out to Chip Dodd via email@example.com with any questions or to be added to the list.
Welcome! Throughout the year we invite visitors and our newest members to join us for receptions to meet fellow parishioners and our clergy. We also host Christ Church Connect – our newcomer’s workshop that gives you an overview of who we are, how Christ Church can serve you and how you can get involved. Check our calendar for event dates.
Contact Daniel Reeves – firstname.lastname@example.org – to learn more.
Take a break from the routines of work, carpool, and errands and join us for fun and fellowship with other ladies at Christ Church. We get together a couple of times during the year at local restaurants to meet and mingle with one another. Check our calendar for event dates.
Contact Jenn Hogshead – email@example.com – to learn more.
Join us after work for drinks and fellowship with the men of Christ Church. Usually, we have two events during the year – a fall get-together and another one in the spring. In the fall, we gather at Milburnie Fishing Club for dinner and to catch up with one another. In the spring, we will meet at a local establishment for fellowship. Check our calendar for event dates.
Contact Joe Hogan – firstname.lastname@example.org – to learn more.
Group of adults, mostly ages 60 and older, who meet monthly in homes of members for dinner and fellowship. Contact Carleen Shaffer to learn more – email@example.com.
Foyers is a unique opportunity to get to know other in members in our church in a smaller group for meals at member’s homes. Contact John Adams – firstname.lastname@example.org – to learn more.
Each spring, we spend a weekend in the beautiful North Carolina mountains at Kanuga. This year, the All-Parish Weekend will be May 13-15, 2022. The Rev. Jim Adams will lead our adult program (speaker TBD).
There is something for all ages – music, programs for children and adults, and plenty of free time to enjoy the great outdoors. Mark your calendars to join us!
Episcopal Church Women (ECW) provides support and fellowship opportunities within our parish and hosts annual and biennial events and fundraisers.
All women are automatically members of ECW and are encouraged to participate!
Christ Church ECW is comprised of vibrant women of many talents, and there are many opportunities to become involved.
ECW’s annual and biennial events include:
- Newcomer’s Welcome Luncheon
- Greenery Sale
- Advent Wreath event
- Art Sale
- Daughters of Christ Church
ECW’s Service Groups & Guilds
- Kitchen Guild – prepares the fabulous food that is served at all church events, including the supply of casseroles and Brunswick stew (used primarily for Pastoral Care)
- Funeral Guild – coordinates the volunteers for all funeral receptions at Christ Church
- ECW Pastoral Care Committee – sends welcome cards and books to all newborns and delivers casseroles and stews to those in times of illness or need
- Children’s Library Committee – maintains the library for the use of Christ Church parishioners
- College and Boarding School Ministry – promotes fellowship and provides opportunities for communication between Christ Church and young persons in colleges and boarding schools.
United Thank Offering (UTO)
ECW coordinates and collects the United Thank Offering (UTO) twice each year. The mission of UTO is to promote thank offerings, to receive the offerings and to distribute the monies to support mission and ministry throughout The Episcopal Church and Provinces of the Anglican Communion.
How You Can Get Involved
- Attend general monthly meetings and events that take place throughout the year. These meetings and events will be published on our calendar, and in our regular communications.
- Donate; your financial support makes our parish events possible. Donate online here, or send a check to Christ Church ECW – 120 E. Edenton Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Volunteer; whether it’s helping with an event, hosting a meeting, or joining a committee, there is a place for you! Please email Bess Pitt if you’d like to learn more about getting involved. Volunteers are the heart of ECW and our guilds. Our events and fundraisers are successful because of the many talented women with a heart to serve.